Monday, February 27, 2012

Journal #6- Their Eyes Were Watching God

One of the major issues I had with my pastiche was that it was way too long.  I went around looking for unnecessary sentences or fragments and deleted them.  I was still able to keep my overarching theme intact, as well as eliminate distractions that would deter the reader.  I also went around trying to embellish areas that were lacking description or just confusing in general.  Unfortunately, I didn't receive a letter from the person who edited my rough draft on Friday so I was unable to take into account their views and opinions to better shape my essay.  In all I think my revisions were mostly deleting phrases that were not not necessary and editing word choice so I am hopeful that with another peer editing session I can get some helpful insight on how to improve my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment